Saturday, February 25, 2012

We're helping Noble find his Forever Family. Is it you?

My friend just recently did an amazing thing and rescued a dog from an abusive situation! Woo hoo! Now we're on a mission to help find this super handsome guy his forever home.  And trust me, this guy is HANDSOME,  she gets stopped on the street all the time so people can tell her that. :)  Please help us out by sharing his story. PS - transport can always be arranged, so if you're interest just email or call and we will get it all figured out. So without further delay, here's Noble!


Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Noble. I am a neutered, two and half year old Rottweiler mix. I am up-to-date on all my shots, I have a microchip and I have my whole tail! I love to give kisses galore and have lots of fun (except when I’m modeling, I’m very serious about my modeling career). Right now I think snow is about the greatest toy ever invented. I am also pretty small for my age and only weigh 66 lbs. Most importantly, though, is that I am quite a handsome chap. I know self - praise is no form of recommendation but my rescue mommy says this all the time, so it must be true! I am a very active dog and I enjoy structure; it keeps me balanced.
Boy do I love the outdoors! So many smells and new experiences, it keeps a guy like me wanting more! I really wish I had a yard, it must be amazing to just be able to run freely for a long as I wanted. I do have a fascination with these little furry black things that scurry up trees. Foster mom calls them squirrels but never lets me play with them – what a party pooper! My foster mom says I’m really smart and in a few short days I learned how to walk nicely on the lead. I occasionally will get a tug but that’s only because she doesn’t seem to understand I just want to leave my scent everywhere – sheesh.
Right now I am totally living the good life but I have not always had it this good. I was in a shelter and when I thought I found my forever home I was passed off to someone else. I have been severely neglected and when my foster mom found me I was not being properly fed, I hadn’t been to a vet in a couple of years, and my foster mom and the vet figured out that I was beaten. I am not a fan of other dogs – I feel really insecure and guarded but only because I have never been exposed to them so I get scared. I was never properly socialized which my rescue mom calls a “tragedy” – wonder what that means.
All I know is that I have to have hope. I dream of the day I find a dog savvy pup parent who can build my confidence and show me how to be respectful because truthfully I really do want to have friends. I really want to trust but I am scared. Since I spent a lot of time in fear during my old life and I am insecure because I do not know what to expect. I am not sure if I will get a next meal or be hit – I just am not sure how to act sometimes but I'm learning super fast. My foster mom says the funniest thing I do is that I hide my treats. Getting treats is something so new to me that I like to hide them under shoes and between the couch cushions. I’ve never gotten such amazing snacks like this before – what if I want one next Thursday! I do have some manners that I am very proud of – I can sit, lay down, stay, up, shake paw and I can take treats you hold in your teeth! Typical to my breed I am highly intelligent and aim to please. I am very, very loyal and want more than anything to find a special someone to appreciate me. I have huge crate but am a bit of a Houdini – can’t hold a guy like me down! I want to feel the wind in my ears! I would be great in agility and am always eager to learn I just need the right person to show me the way. I may not be perfect but I can promise you this – I will ALWAYS try my best and do whatever it takes to show you I am devoted to you – please give me a chance. Just remember, to the world you may be one person but to me you would be my whole world.

With lots of sloppy kisses and a whole heaping bunch of love,

Noble xox

If you would like to be Noble's family, please email zeroggirl@gmail.com or call 613.709.6025.


1 comment:

  1. What a guy!! Great story, and paws crossed for this wonderfully handsome guy.

    ReplyDelete